Saturday, June 19, 2004

Aching Poetry

About my other constant interest (other than myself that is) poetry, here are a few provoking lines...

SHAKESPEARE SONNET XLIX

To leave poor me thou hast the strength of laws,
Since why to love I can allege no cause.

-This u have to read the whole sonnet. Its all there on the net for ur perusal. Just do a google search. My lawyer friends wud like these lines!

VIKRAM SETH: UNCLAIMED

To make love with a stranger is the best.
There is no riddle and there is no test.

To lie and love, not aching to make sense
Of this night in the mesh of reference.

To touch, unclaimed by fear of imminent day,
And understand, as only strangers may.

To feel the beat of foreign heart to heart
Preferring neither to prolong nor part.

To rest within the unknown arms and know
That this is all there is; that this is so.

-This is how I lead my lovelife right now, but 'Preferring neither to prolong nor part'should be in my case, 'Preferring not to prolong and to definitely part' and 'To rest within the unknown arms and know' should read in my case, 'To ache to rest within unknown arms but know'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It didnt feel strange, you said you liked my curves
breasts soft, unrestrained
almost but did'nt explore
just beacause we were not strangers

lov you always

me