Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Mosquitoes

The incessant buzzing pounds my temples
cutting my head into violent shapes
with a child’s heartless scissors

Summer’s oppression in the diminishing noon
beckons Darkness like a simpering mistress

Darkness in its wake drags in horrors

little misshapen heads with drooling grins
ghostly silences lone whistles
an icy finger and coagulating blood

and mosquitoes.
Frenetic urgency in buzzing pincers
and piercing wings

Lewd egg eyes stare blackly
like black on blackboard
The creature alights on my hot skin

And sting.

The needle point pain surprises me
With its sheer impertinence.
Drunk like a fool, M sits, blissful, delirious, numb

Dumb.

With one swat and squelch,
I feel much better.

1 comment:

Sita said...

I know what it is like not to have comments. So here's mine:
ROTFLMAO.
Mosquitoes are sometimes useful, though. Try playing with them when you get extremely jobless, and then swat them.